startupping
i am akshay vasudev and this is where i plan to keep track of my progress as i go from quitting my job to starting my startup. i can be reached at 'akshayevasudev [at] gmail [dot] com'.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Startup dream

I quit my job.

37 Signals, Paul Graham and like have had a big influence on me; among the obvious influences by Google etc. I always wanted to work in a startup (read: dorm room) like setting. But finding good startups [1] in India is hard. And starting one even harder; with no concept of angel investors or YC-equivalent.

Nevertheless after working at big-banner technology companies for about 3 years, i finally decided to take the plunge. I quit [2] my nice paying job to start working on my own startup. Lets see how it turns out. Success or failure, it will sure be fun, and more importantly, a learning experience.

Any suggestions/guidance/++ are welcome.


[1] Some cool startups are coming up lately. But i was, anyhow, more interested in starting one myself.
[2] Note to self: Self, If you ever succeed in building your own company, please let people leave whenever they want. No notice period crap. Instead work to keep the company interesting enough to attract good people.


Current music: In pieces by Linkin Park.

2 comments:

AK said...

Hi,
Great. Perhaps this could be the BEST decision in your life. I like to be an Enterprenuer. I am AnkammaRao, Bangalore, INDIA. I am thinking to start a company or co-found. I am looking for a co-founder for a web-startup. If you are interested i will join you. Today is a great day in my life. I got a mail from Stanford StartUp School for attending Apr 19th programme. I would like to be friend of you. Give me your mail id. or mail to this ID.

amrith said...

Hi,
Good luck with your startup in India. I am particularly interested in starting up something myself. A couple of my friends and I have been working on a project which we hope to pursue full-time at some point. Being an Indian citizen myself, I may have to move to India if I want to realize this (I am currently working in the U.S.). Will be interested to know what your experience is like and would be grateful if you could keep posting on Hackernews.

If you are ever interested in contacting me, I am reacheable at amrithk(dot)gmail(dot)com.

Good luck